A Property Trust is a way to protect your home now, and when you’re gone. A Property Trust allows you to split your home between you and your partner, with the share of the first person to die being passed into Trust
The surviving spouse controls the Trust. The surviving spouse is guaranteed the right of occupation to stay in the home as long as they want. The Trust also allows you to move home when required.
Property Trusts are ideal for couples who want to protect their property, the Trust will protect your spouse’s half of the property when they have passed away it also helps with protecting any long term care needs.
What Are The Benefits of A Property Trust?
- A Property Trust guarantees you, or your surviving spouse, occupancy of your home.
- There are no adverse income tax consequences.
- A Property Trust allows you the freedom to move house.
- As the Trust doesn’t come into effect until the death of the first spouse, you can alter the Will & Trust at any time while you are alive.
Here at Talking Wills, some of our Trusts are designed to last up to 125 years, and we make sure that the right Trust is in place for each individual clients needs. Our team will explain everything to you in plain English, so you can be sure that you are getting the right Trust for you.
Why Get A Property Trust With Talking Wills?
Talking Wills are the ideal firm for setting up Trusts, writing Wills and much more!
- Experienced – We have over 50 years experience of Estate Planning between the team, and as members of The Society of Will Writers you can be sure that we adhere to the strict codes of conduct pertaining to legal documents.
- Fair – We believe in treating all our clients the correct way. With fairness, honesty and integrity. These are the fundamental principles of our business.
- Peace of Mind – You can rest assured that your property is protected and your family provided for after you’ve gone.
Talk to Talking Wills on 01925 859 623 to see how we can help.