A maintenance trust is designed to ensure that children from previous relationships are financially supported until their inheritance age, which is usually their 18th birthday.
This is a particularly trust for those in second marriages, with children from a previous relationship. The trust guarantees that those children will be provided for after you’re gone.
Why Might You Consider A Maintenance Trust?
A maintenance trust is useful for a number of reasons.
- It guarantees that your children will be provided for after you’ve gone, even if you and your partner are no longer together.
- It still allows you to have control over your assets.
- It is a tax-efficient way of providing money for your children.
Here at Talking Wills we make sure that each of our customers gets the trust that they want and need. Our team will help you to understand your trust, and explain everything to you in plain, simple English. We don’t use any legal jargon to try and confuse you like some other firms, but keep things simple.
Why Get A Maintenance Trust With Talking Wills?
We are the ideal firm for setting up trusts, power of attorney and much, much more!
- Experienced – We have over 50 years of experience, between us, in the Estate Planning industry, so you can rest assured that we’ve seen it all and can provide the right advice for you when you need it.
- Fair – We are members of The Society of Will Writers, so you can be assured that we will always adhere to the strict codes of conduct pertaining to legal documents. We treat all our customers the way we believe they deserve to be treated, with honesty and fairness.
- Guaranteed Peace of Mind – We know it can be difficult to think of the future, particularly imagining a time when you might not be around. That’s why we want to help you make sure your family are provided for after you’re gone.
Talk to Talking Wills on 01925 859 623 to see how we can help.